Sunday 22 June 2014

Dark Green Fritillary





Whilst out walking over Seaford Head with friends on Sunday we came across two or three Dark Green Fritillaries. Lunch and a couple of pints were waiting at the now renovated and renamed Golden Galleon so I did not have much time for pictures. However, this was my first sighting of the Dark Greens this year so I was not going to let it pass without recording the sighting.



Female Dark Green Fritillary








The male was a bit more mobile and harder to photograph.



Male Dark Green Fritillary


Good, but the job is only half done. I need to get a closed wing shot or at least some record of the under wing.

The birding is getting a bit sidelined at the moment. I will get back to it but the window for seeing some of these butterflies is very narrow and I need to get those in the bag first. Purple Emperor and Hairstreaks next - I hope.







No comments:

Post a Comment