Saturday 9 January 2016

Goosander



I made a quick trip over to Widewater this morning to have a look for the Goosander that has been reported there. With no reports yesterday I thought I might have missed it but fortunately it was there, although fast asleep for most of the time I watched.



Goosander

It was overcast and dull but for once this probably worked to my advantage. It is very difficult to get a decent picture of such contrasting black and white shades in bright sunlight. At least in this dull light you can see the pink glow coming through on its breast.


The more usual view


I watched it late morning on a high tide, so it may be that when the river levels are high it repairs to the safety of Widewater, to roost.

I wonder if it is last January's bird returning for a second year?





No comments:

Post a Comment