Wednesday 10 March 2021

Yellow-browed Warbler

 


I went looking for the Yellow-browed Warbler at the Patching Sewage Works on Tuesday. It was part of a hyperactive flock consisting of two Firecrests, probably half a dozen Goldcrests and a number of Chiffchaffs including at least one possible Siberian. Seeing it was easy enough but getting a good shot was near impossible.

Checking my pictures later that evening I think I did get one picture of it, as below. Yellow supercilium, dark eye stripe, brown legs rather than the Chiffchaffs black and the hint of a pale wing-bar, but without getting the double wing bar in the shot, I cannot be sure. There was a good picture of it published on Twitter which was a close match, even showing the thin brown line breaking the supercilium just behind the eye.

Am I happy - no - I want a better record shot. If it stops raining I will have to go back for another go.


Possible Yellow-browed Warbler

One bonus from the visit was that I picked up a half decent shot of a Firecrest. Another bird that I see often enough but rarely manage to photograph.


Firecrest

Other pictures taken recently


Marsh Tit



Siskin



Skylark



Spotted Redshank



Wren



Red-legged Partridge

And a couple more of the Barn Owl from  a revisit on Tuesday evening.


Barn Owl



Barn Owl


It was good to see the Barn Owl again but the lighting was not so good and most of the pictures were blurred or grainy.




No comments:

Post a Comment