Saturday 5 March 2022

Ring-necked Duck

 


We travelled up to Essex on Thursday and as we had time in hand I thought Sue might be interested to stop off at Priory Park in Reigate. It is a place we had not visited before. Coincidence then 😇 that walking round the pond I spotted an unusual duck which on closer inspection turned out to be a female Ring-necked Duck. It was also fortunate that I had decided to carry my camera.


Ring-necked Duck

A walk around Hornchurch Country Park later in the day gave a good assortment of Gulls, Ducks, and Geese. I was pleased to see a few Egyptian Geese, my first for the year. However, getting a picture for the blog proved a bit difficult, as when I reached into my bag for my camera, it seemed as if every bird in the park came rushing over for a free feed.


Egyptian Goose


Not a bad day then, two year ticks when I had not been expecting to see any birds.





No comments:

Post a Comment