Monday 22 May 2023

White-crowned Sparrow

 



This blog is a bit late and the pictures are not particularly good but I thought it was worth recording my visit to Hope Gap, back in April, to see the White-crowned Sparrow.

There is not much kudos in adding this to my UK list. I didn't find it, I just tagged onto the back of the twitch and it was probably only staying in the area as people where putting bird feed down to keep it there.

Perhaps I should have gone back another time and tried for a better picture but the more I see of twitches the less I like being there.







Here is one from Canada last year. Unfortunately the picture is not much better but at least I had that bird all to myself. So, self found (not difficult in North America!), no twitch, and a life tick. That one was really well worth celebrating.




I also went to see the putative Iberian Chiffchaff on the Downs Link Footpath just north of Shoreham but I don't think the experts were convinced. I see there is now another being reported from Abbots Wood north of Eastbourne which is making a better case for acceptance.



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Bird in Nature.

    In Mallorca we have two Big protected áreas for migrational birds. One is Es Salobrar de Campos, the other is Albufera de Alcudia.

    There are camoufled points for to be possible to observe the birds in Nature.

    ReplyDelete